Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back in the USA

I have been off line for a few weeks because I came back to the USA! Yes, I resigned from Standard Chartered Bank and came back to Illinois to be the CEO of a Real Estate company.

It was a difficult choice, but at the end I believed I can accomplish more by being here in this new position as I could in Singapore. Only time will tell. In any case, I miss Singapore since I like the city, the people and the culture. I guess it would take me sometime to get fully acclimatized again to the USA.

I did not remeber how many options are in here for everything, For example, a few days ago I bought some microwavable hot dogs. The box has 3 individually packaged hot bog (a bun and a frank) and each frank is individually wrapped. The only "addition" is that each hot dog comes in a microwavable paper holder with some type of reflective material in the inside. Now that I think about it, it would have been so much cheaper to just buy a package of buns and franks and that would be it. There is no much aggregate value in these microwavable hot dogs, they are not even frozen! I guess there is always people like me that could buy such products for convinience only. Welcome to the land of choice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!!! :)

Alex said...

Hello. Welcome baCk to this side of the world¡¡

Unknown said...

Desde México muchos saludos y mis mejores deseos en esta nueva etapa.