Monday, July 14, 2008

Gatopardismo and SCB

I titled today's comment as "gatopardismo." For those who do not speak Spanish, the name will not mean anything. Gatopardismo may be loosely translated as "everything changes to remain the same."

I decided to comment on this topic because of something I saw today. I was going to a meeting when I happened to see a homeless person. However, I recognized him because he has been in the streets for as long as I have been in Champaign. He was in the same spot that I remember. It made me think that for me two years have brought significant changes in my life and perspective but for several people things have remain the same. For a moment, I felt as if I were in a time warp and came back to were I have started. What an odd feeling.

On a different topic, I decided to put a picture of my friends from Standard Chartered Bank. For my farewell party we went to a Jazz Club by the Singapore River and I played the piano for them for about 40 minutes. Nohemi and the team of Analytics are here. I miss you guys!



No comments: