Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Singapore Heat

Here in Singapore the "hot" season appears to be starting. I was told, half jokingly I guess, that there are two seasons in this tropical island: Hot and Hotter. Apparently one of the reasons to be this hot is the lack of rain. During the last 3 months or so was raining almost daily and the sky was cloudy. As a resut, the weather was hot but not unbearable. Lately, the days have been quite sunny and the heat comes in full force.

Also, Air Conditioners are blasting indoors and sometimes it gets freezing cold, in particular in my office. There is a striking contrast between the heat outside and the cold inside. All of my Singaporean friends are so used to this that they did not even notice until I mentioned it. As Lee Kwan Yews once said, aircon is one of the gratest inventions of mankind. I agree with him in this hot weather.

No comments: