Friday, February 15, 2008

Tragedy at NIU

I read the news and I'm schoked and saddened. Another shootout at a university, this time at Northern Illinois University. In this case is specially disturbing because it's so close to me. The shooter was a graduate students at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign I also attended U of I and lived in Champaign for 10 years. I met some people that were students at NIU.

When the massacre at Virgina Tech occured I was at Cornell and we orginized a remebrance service at Sage Chapel. I invited all of my TMO's Cornell friends to go by saying that I would be waiting at Sage Hall and whoever wanted to come with me would be welcome. The service was sobering and I was particularly impacted by the emotion in words of unity said by Cornell's President David Skorton.

And now it has happened again. What a sensless tragedy

No comments: