Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chinese New Year

Last Tuesday I went back to my office after a week off. As I jokingly said to my friends: "As soon as I take some days off, the markets crash." In a happier note, now the preparations are in full gear for the Chinese New Year, this will be the Year of the Rat. This is a very important holiday and there are decorations everywhere in red and gold. My office was decorated with a huge red flag, embroiled with golden chinese characters. I have seen drawing of ancient chinese sages and red lamps.

A friend gave me today some New Year Chinese cookies, they were very tasty since they contained peanuts and some sort of soft dough. Actual celebrations will be form February 7 to 9, although I would not be suprise if some people take an early leave to enjy more days off. I'm looking forward to learn more about the different celebrations since this is the first time I directely observe this Chinese New Year.

No comments: